Alabama enlisted a slew of country entertainers to collaborate on its latest project, ALABAMA & Friends. The 11-track album features Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Rascal Flatts, Kenny Chesney, Eli Young Band, Trisha Yearwood, Toby Keith, Florida Georgia Line and Jamey Johnson, all giving their own renderings of some of the group’s hits.
In addition, the collection features the band’s first new tracks in over 10 years – “All American” (written by Trey Bruce) and “That’s How I Was Raised” (written by Charley Stefl, Tony Ramey, Skip Sasser and Trent Tomlinson). For select tracks, Alabama teamed again with producer Harold Shedd, who worked with the group during its early years. Executive producers on the project are Alabama, Fletcher Foster and Mark Wright.
ALABAMA & Friends is set for release on Tuesday, Aug. 27.
1. “Tennessee River,” Jason Aldean. Produced by Michael Knox
2. “Love In The First Degree,” Luke Bryan. Produced by Jeff Stevens
3. “Old Flame,” Rascal Flatts. Produced by Jay DeMarcus
4. “Lady Down on Love,” Kenny Chesney. Produced by Buddy Cannon
5. “The Closer You Get,” Eli Young Band. Produced by Michael Knox
6. “Forever’s As Far As I’ll Go,” Trisha Yearwood. Produced by Garth Fundis
7. “She & I,” Toby Keith. Produced by Toby Keith
8. “I’m In A Hurry (And Don’t Know Why),” Florida Georgia Line. Produced by Joey Moi
9. “That ‘s How I Was Raised,” Alabama. Produced by Harold Shedd
10. “All American,” Alabama, Produced by Harold Shedd
11. “My Home’s in Alabama,” Jamey Johnson. Produced by Jamey Johnson
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorJessica Nicholson is a staff writer with MusicRow Enterprises. Her previous music journalism experience includes work with Country Weekly magazine, TasteofCountry.com and Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) magazine. She holds a BBA degree in Music Business and Marketing from Belmont University. She welcomes your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Author Profile