Songwriter, band leader, and background vocalist Larry Cordle invited several of his famous friends to join him on the album, appropriately titled All-Star Duets (MightyCord Records).
Dierks Bentley, Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney, Terri Clark, Kevin Denny, Diamond Rio, Alison Krauss, Kathy Mattea, Daryle Singletary, Travis Tritt, Del McCoury, Rick Skaggs and Trisha Yearwood all make appearances on the project, which releases the week of November 11.
Brooks revisits “Against The Grain,” a track from 1991’s Ropin’ The Wind, while Yearwood performs “Lonesome Dove” (recorded for her 1991 debut album Trisha Yearwood). Diamond Rio offers “Mama Don’t Forget To Pray For Me” (recorded for their 1991 self-titled debut project), Mattea contributes to her signature “Lonesome Standard Time,” while Chesney joins Cordle for “The Fields of Home.” Daryle Singletary and Kevin Denny take on Cordle’s “Murder On Music Row,” famously recorded by Alan Jackson and George Strait.
The all-star vocalists are backed by a band of all-star musicians, including Andy Leftwitch, Randy Kohrs, Bryan Sutton, Jerry Douglas, Ron Block, Tim Crouch, Stuart Duncan, Dave Pomeroy, Jack Pearson, Jay Weaver and Jenee Fleenor.
Track Listing For Larry Cordle’s All-Star Duets:
1. Against the Grain feat Garth Brooks
2. Mama Don’t Forget to Pray for Me feat Diamond Rio
3. Highway 40 Blues feat Ricky Skaggs
4. Lonesome Dove feat Trisha Yearwood
5. The Bigger the Fool feat Del McCoury
6. The Fields of Home feat Kenny Chesney
7. Lonesome Standard Time feat Kathy Mattea
8. Murder on Music Row feat Daryle Singletary/Kevin Denney
9. You Can’t Take it With You When You Go feat Dierks Bentley
10. Cure for the Common Heartache feat Terri Clark
11. Rough Around the Edges feat Travis Tritt
12. Two Highways feat Alison Krauss
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorJessica Nicholson is a staff writer with MusicRow Enterprises. Her previous music journalism experience includes work with Country Weekly magazine, TasteofCountry.com and Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) magazine. She holds a BBA degree in Music Business and Marketing from Belmont University. She welcomes your feedback at [email protected]
View Author Profile