Last night’s (May 19) major network television line up was packed with country music talent. Here’s how early ratings are stacking up, according to Zap2It.com:
• The season finale of All-Star Celebrity Apprentice (NBC) scored a 1.5 in adults 18-49, down 32 percent from a 2.2 for last year’s season finale. About 5.26 million viewers tuned in to see Trace Adkins win. During the season finale, Adkins raised $564,000 for the American Red Cross, which contributed to his total of $1.5 million for the charity. Joining him on the show to contribute to the cause were The Oak Ridge Boys, Thompson Square, Billy Ray Cyrus and Wynonna Judd. Adkins performed “Honky Tonk Badonkadonk” and “Love Will.”
• ACM Presents: Tim McGraw’ Superstar Summer Night (CBS) earned a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating, with about 6.19 million viewers.
• The 2013 Billboard Music Awards (ABC) won the night. Taylor Swift swept the show, which came in at number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers. The show scored a ten-year high 3.6 rating among adults 18-49, and attracted 9.47 million viewers.
• • • •
• Kellie Pickler’s hot streak continues on the season finale of Dancing With The Stars tonight (May 20) on ABC. The country star and dance partner Derek Hough will vie for the viewer-voted win at 7 p.m. CT, and the champions will be announced on tomorrow night’s show at 8 p.m. CT.
• Last Thursday’s (May 16) season finale of American Idol slumped compared to last year’s ratings. The ABC show earned a 3.6 adults 18-49 rating, about 44 percent lower than last year. It averaged 14.31 million viewers, coming in below the 20 million mark for the first time in history. Still, it was number one among adults 18-49 and with total viewers. Nashvillian Kree Harrison was named runner up of the competition.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to email@example.com.
View Author Profile