• Buddy Lee Attractions (BLA) has signed Aaron Kelly to its performer/entertainment roster. The 19-year-old was a Top 5 finalist on American Idol (Season 9/2010), and has concluded his Idol obligations. He is preparing to embark on a cross-country tour and recording his first album alongside producer Mark Moffat, which is due out in spring 2013. “Aaron Kelly is a natural-born singer and has the talent, personality and drive that is necessary to become a career artist. BLA is pleased to be a part of Aaron’s team to put him in front of millions more–from television to live performances,” said BLA VP David Kiswiney. At 17, Kelly became the youngest contestant to ever reach the Idol Top 5.
• Gaylord Entertainment will change its name to Ryman Hospitality Properties, pending shareholder approval of the $210 million sale of its hotel management/operations rights to Marriott International Inc., reports the Nashville Post. The change reflects a focus on the Ryman brand.
• HFA has appointed Louise Broderick Sr. Vice President, Client Services. Previously Vice President, Finance, Broderick will report directly to Gary Churgin, President & CEO. Since joining HFA in 2001, Broderick has been central to the transformation of the organization as it evolved its business platform to support a full suite of rights management services. Prior to joining HFA, Broderick held positions at Arista Records, Warner Communications and other media-related companies.
• VIP experiences are available for “Capitol Street Party 5: Luke Bryan Takes Broadway,” starting at $100. The concert on Wed., Oct. 17 at 7 p.m. is a free, public music event to be held on Lower Broadway between 1st and 2nd Avenues. Set to perform are Bryan, Kelleigh Bannen and Jon Pardi. Details at www.capitolnashvillevip.com.
• Penske Media Corp., owner of editor Nikki Finke’s Deadline, is now the leading bidder for Hollywood trade Variety, reports the L.A. Times. The $30 million deal, in conjunction with private equity fund Shamrock Capital Advisors, would bring the competitors under the same roof.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to email@example.com.
View Author Profile