• David Nail and The Time Jumpers have joined the growing line up of talent slated to perform musical tributes at the 9th Annual Leadership Music Dale Franklin Awards Wed., Oct. 17 at War Memorial Auditorium. They join previously announced artists Rodney Crowell and Little Big Town in honoring music icons and humanitarians Charlie Daniels, Vince Gill and Randy Owen, as well as award recipient Mayor Karl Dean. Blair Garner will host the event. Tables are sold out but seats are available starting at $50. Tickets here.
• In lieu of the final Warner Music Nashville Pickin’ On The Patio party, the label group has assembled a band to compete in the CRS Battle of the Bands (details here). The event will be tomorrow night (9/27) 6-9 p.m. at 3rd & Lindsley and benefits the CRS Scholarship Fund and The Country Radio Hall of Fame. Pickin’ On The Patio will return in May 2013.
• Pop hitmakers Train are shooting a music video for the song “Bruises” in Nashville today. Fans were invited to be extras.
• Nashville-bred singer Kesha has released her first new music since 2010. “Die Young” is from her album Warrior. Due out Dec. 4, it reportedly includes collaborations with The Black Keys, Iggy Pop, Flaming Lips, Dr. Luke and Max Martin. See the video on YouTube.
• A new pizza joint is open at the end of the Row. DeSano Pizza Bakery is at 155 16th Ave. S. More from the Nashville Scene.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to email@example.com.
View Author Profile