• Ben Folds Five is releasing its first new music in 13 years when The Sound Of The Life Of The Mind hits shelves Sept. 18 via ImaVeePee Records/Sony Music Entertainment. Ben Folds, Robert Sledge and Darren Jessee reunited in 2011 to record three new studio tracks for The Best Imitation Of Myself: A Retrospective, a career-spanning Ben Folds anthology. For the newest album, a grassroots direct-to-fans campaign was conducted through PledgeMusic, and fans who contributed will received the music early. A portion of PledgeMusic funds will be used to support music education and music therapy. BFF will return to the road this fall for the first time in 12 years with a major North American tour with overseas dates to follow.
• A recent article in the Nashville Scene features Infinity Cat Recordings, the label started by Robert Ellis Orrall and his sons who comprise duo JEFF the Brotherhood. The band celebrates today’s (7/17) release of its major label debut with its first performance on the Late Show with David Letterman tonight.
• The Wallflowers’ Nashville recorded album Glad All Over will be released Oct. 2 by Columbia Records. Recorded at Dan Auerbach’s Easy Eye Sound studio, the album was produced by Jay Joyce and mixed by Rich Costey (Bruce Springsteen). For the project, frontman Jakob Dylan was joined by band members Greg Richling, Rami Jaffee, Stuart Mathis and Jack Irons. Lead single “Reboot The Mission” is a Clash-inspired track featuring Mick Jones on vocals and guitar. The song will impact radio July 23 and will be available for free download beginning Tues., July 24 at www.thewallflowers.com.
• Nashville rockers Turbo Fruits have signed with Kings of Leon’s Serpents & Snakes Records, which will release Turbo Fruits’ new album Butter on Sept. 11. The group’s schedule includes a hometown show July 26 at Marathon Music Works with Guided By Voices. Turbo Fruits recently wrapped a 65-day tour with Deer Tick and is set for headlining shows this fall. The second single from Butter, “Harley Dollar Bill$,” can be streamed here.
• Mat Kearney is on the road with Train this summer, following almost a year of non-stop touring in support of his latest album Young Love (Aware/Universal Republic). The tour includes an Aug. 5 stop at Nashville’s Woods at Fontanel. The third single from Young Love, “Sooner or Later,” ships to radio this month.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to email@example.com. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Author Profile