• The Listening Room Cafe will close its current Cummins Station location Aug. 10 to prepare for a grand reopening in downtown Nashville this fall. Venue owner Chris Blair says the soon-to-be-revealed new location will offer nightly shows, additional parking, and a fully renovated stage and bar. He also plans to launch a publishing company division called Emerge Nashville and a full service video and audio recording division.
• Jason Aldean is in the process of signing an endorsement deal with the Coors Brewing Company so he re-recorded a line in his new single “Take A Little Ride,” changing the lyric referencing Shiner Bock beer to “a couple rocky tops.” Radio stations are being asked to air the updated version.
• Jim Reyland, radio host and owner of Audio Productions, has written a new play. Stand stars Barry Scott and Chip Arnold, and is directed by David Compton. Thirty-six performances of Stand will be presented in the Nashville area for 12 consecutive weekends beginning Aug. 24. Proceeds will benefit Room In The Inn. Tickets at ticketsnashville.com.
• Former LA-based UMPG VP of Business Affairs Michael Rexford has joined the entertainment practice of law firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips.
• The Arts & Business Council will present the Creative Capital Workshop: Strategic Planning, Funding & Marketing Intensive for Artists on Sept. 21-23 at Belmont University. The workshop is a crash course in self-management, strategic planning, fundraising and promotion for artists of all creative genres. Applications are due Aug. 15. Apply here.
• A federal court jury in Virginia has rendered a verdict of $276,000 against the owners and operators of WOLD-FM, a radio station based in Marion, Virginia, for its unlicensed broadcast of copyrighted songs represented by SESAC.
• Finest Worldwide Entertainment is expanding its offerings with the launch of Finest Worldwide Management Group, which will be headed by Shane Jemelka. He will report to Michael Sheahan, CEO.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to email@example.com.
View Author Profile