• The Production Music Association will present a panel discussion Thurs., June 21, 6 – 8:30 p.m. at BMI’s Nashville offices. Panelists include Joel Goodman, President of Cue Music and founder of MusicBox; Ron Mendelsohn, Co-founder and CEO of Megatrax; Mark Montgomery, digital media entrepreneur, investor and Founder of FLO (thinkery); Marshall Seese, Jr., founder & CEO or Mowgli Games; and Shawn White, Director of Business Affairs for Scripps Networks Interactive. The event is open to all interested professionals. The cost to attend is $15 for non-members and $10 for PMA members. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• As previously reported, Don Schlitz will be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in New York on June 14, in a ceremony at the Marriott Marquis in Midtown. A story in the New York Post highlights Schlitz and the other inductees.
• Big Machine GM Andrew Kautz was recently reappointed to the A2IM President’s Advisory Committee. A2IM is the American Association of Independent Music.
• The Nashville Chapter of the Audio Engineering Society held its inaugural Lifetime Achievement Awards ceremony in the Ford Theater of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on Sunday (6/3). Engineers Glenn Snoddy, Mort Thomasson, Bill Porter, Gene Eichelberger, Lee Hazen, Dave Harrison and Jim Pugh were honored. The program was presented in partnership with the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
• O’Shea has signed a management deal with Jim Morey. The LA based manager has worked with Michael Jackson, Neil Diamond, Mariah Carey, Miley Cyrus, Dolly Parton, Clint Black and Phil Vassar. The husband-wife duo are natives of Australia and won CMAA New Talent of the Year in January, the Australian equivalent of the CMA Horizon Award.
• Nashville engineer Chuck Ainlay will discuss sound quality at an event for the Texas Chapter of The Recording Academy’s Producers & Engineers Wing. The event is Sat., June 16 in San Antonio. Admission is free for Recording Academy members. RSVP to RSVP_Texas@grammy.com.
• VEVO will celebrate music videos reaching the 100 million views milestone with its newly-minted Certified Award. First-time honorees Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, LMFAO and Selena Gomez will be celebrated with a rollout of exclusive, original programming premiering on VEVO. Certified Awards will be presented quarterly.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her eighth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your feedback to email@example.com. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View Author Profile