Artist Growth, a Nashville based company offering a sophisticated set of cloud-based business management tools for artists, officially launches today. Musicians Matt Urmy and Jonathan Sexton created the app that works on any mobile device to integrate finances, calendars, inventory, contacts, social media and mentoring resources from industry experts.
Joe Galante and Dr. Harry Jacobson, investors in Artist Growth, marked its debut with a party last night at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Mayor Karl Dean was scheduled to give a keynote address, while Vince Gill and Cowboy Jack Clement were set to make special appearances. Galante calls the system, “the record business in a box.”
Artist Growth reps will showcase the product later this week at the NAMM Show in Anahaim, followed by MIDEM in Cannes, France; Folk Alliance convention in Memphis, and South by Southwest in Austin.
As previously reported, other investors include echomusic founder Mark Montgomery and Moontoast founder Joe Glaser.
Urmy told Venture Nashville that the company has already raised $1 million in outside capital, and that the influx is continuing in 2012. According to the report it is also likely that the technology can be applied to areas other than music, including healthcare and education.
“It empowers artists to participate in the business side of music without being too distracted from their creativity,” explains Urmy, who conceived the idea in 2009 with Sexton. They began developing the application 18 months ago.
A low price point makes the app even more attractive. The monthly starter rate is $4.95, and a 30-day trial is being offered for 99 cents. The app is available in the Android Market, and Apple’s App Store.
Here’s a breakdown of what Artist Growth offers:
1. Combines every aspect of business in one place, helping artists understand what their career means to a label, manager, bandmate, or investor.
2. Cloud-based technology. Access Artist Growth and all resources via any web-based or mobile platform, with wireless syncing across multiple devices and users.
3. Simplified, customized daily tasks. Artist Growth’s Action Packs package to-do lists curated by industry professionals, using push notifications to organize everything from promoting a show to writing a business plan.
4. In-app financial management. Snap photos of receipts on the road, input directly to tax filing systems, and keep track of fan merchandise inventory all in one place.
5. A library of expertise. Access to career tips, tools, and advice from record executives, producers, artists, managers, and other industry experts on Artist Growth’s AGtv video portal, and more than 30K industry contacts via the Indie Bible.
Powered by Facebook Comments
About the AuthorSarah Skates is Sr. News Editor of MusicRow Enterprises. Now in her tenth year with the company, she contributes to musicrow.com and the print magazine. She welcomes your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send press releases, photos, and news items to email@example.com.
View Author Profile